Now that you’ve invested in a beautiful piece of jewellery, it’s important to think about aftercare. Valeri Christina jewellery is made with high quality materials that will stand the test of time, but there are extra steps you can follow to ensure your jewellery looks fresh and new for as long as possible. Find out how to take the best care of your jewellery below.
Store your jewellery properly.
How you store and display your jewellery matters. Incorrect storage can lead to tangles, damage, oxidation, and discolouration. Luckily there are easy ways to prevent this.
- Hold onto the original boxes and pouches that your jewellery arrives in. They’re more than just pretty packaging; they’re safe ways to store your jewellery. Pouches and boxes will protect your jewellery from external damage.
- If you’re worried about tarnishing or discolouration you can also store your jewellery in a sealed plastic bag.
- Always fasten your bracelets and necklaces are fastened before storing them away to avoid scratches and tangles.
- Be sure to keep your jewellery out of direct sunlight and in a cool, dark spot.
Keep your jewellery away from water, extreme weather, and chemicals.
All of these things can cause damage and discolouration. Having pieces of jewellery that you never take off sounds lovely in theory, but isn’t the best idea in reality.
- Remove jewellery while showering or engaging in water sports.
- Remove jewellery when using household cleaners or detergents with harsh chemicals.
- Avoid wearing jewellery in conditions that involve extreme heat and humidity.
- Use the ‘last on, first off’ approach when getting dressed. Apply any makeup, perfumes, and lotions before putting on your jewellery. Similarly, when getting undressed take off your jewellery before your clothes to avoid snags
Clean your jewellery.
Your jewellery comes in close contact with your skin and should be cleaned accordingly. Use a soft polishing cloth regularly to keep your jewellery sparkling clean. How often you should clean will correlate to how often you wear the item. For example, a piece that you wear daily can also be cleaned daily.
Taking proper care of your jewellery means that you’ll be able to enjoy it for years to come.
Comments will be approved before showing up.